Skype - Mason University text chat
for deaf, hard of hearing, or speech-impaired community members
To use this feature, you must have Skype installed and have an account. Within the program search for MasonUniversity. This is for text chat only.
*Note to Mac & iOS users
Skype's Offline status may be inaccurate. Check our below hours for accurate information.
Hours when classes are in session
Monday - Thursday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Hours when classes are not in session:
Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
If you are not deaf or hard of hearing, please call the University Switchboard at 703-993-1000.
- Skype for deaf or hard of hearing only, at this time (@masonuniversity)
- Answers all incoming contacts to the university's main number and Skype messages from both the external and internal communities
- Provides contact information to requested department/person
- Dispenses information on all aspects of the university
- Directions to and around campus
- Provides information on the status of the university during inclement weather or other changes to the university schedule
Helpful Links and Contacts:
Contact person: Janae Johnson, email@example.com, 703-993-1008