Mission, Vision, and Core Values
Our Mission: University Information is dedicated to providing history, knowledge and resources about George Mason University to assist the internal and external community in connecting throughout Mason. We provide campus information and visitor services by maintaining multiple information sources and information desks to communicate a positive, consistent image of George Mason University.
Our Vision: University Information will be the source that both the internal and external communities rely on for comprehensive and accurate information to enhance participation and involvement in the university. We will promote a positive image of Mason and provide the highest level of customer service through positive collaboration and partnerships. Our well-trained staff will be committed to providing up-to-date and timely information through innovative outreach, print and electronic communication as well as promoting efforts in diversity and sustainability, to meet our standards of excellence.
Core Values: We aim to foster a team environment that is responsible, respectful, and fair. Each member of the department strives to be approachable, resourceful and work with integrity. Every day, the following are core values that guide us to:
- Represent and promote George Mason University with integrity
- Provide excellent customer service in an approachable way
- Maintain multiple sources of information by using a variety of communication resources
- Keep our finger on the pulse of changes and growth within Mason
- Strive for improvement and quality of our services
Service Guidelines and Standards of Excellence
All University Information staff will integrate the following service guidelines and standards to engage visitors, faculty, staff, students, alumni, community partners, prospective students, etc.
- Positive greeting and tone of voice
- Foster a connection and personalize each interaction
- Ask clarifying questions
- Provide accurate information
- Guide others to the correct location
- Listen effectively
- Manage emotions to stay positive during crisis or conflict
- Empower customers and visitors to use campus resources to find information
- Leave a positive closing impression
- Review and research various aspects of Mason