Requests for Mason E-Files Alert announcements are submitted to University Information via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: E-Files Alert and Mason Alerts are different. Sign-up at ready.gmu.edu to receive Mason Alert messages regarding campus-wide or university-wide announcements impacting operating hours or emergencies
Alert announcements are sent under the subject headline: Mason E-Files Alerts: [Type of Alert Message], so they are not confused with standard Around Mason announcements.
- Mason E-Files Alerts are only sent to faculty and staff with an @gmu.edu email address.
- There are three categories of alert announcements:
- Building Specific – Data from PeopleFinder is used to populate the email recipients.
- Campus Specific – Faculty and Staff on the Arlington and Science and Technology campuses have specific listservs
- University-wide – A listserv that is generated from both Human Resources and PhotoID systems is used to populate email recipients.
- Alert announcements may include school closings, campus emergencies, unexpected road closures or construction, significant events, and significant computer network disruptions affecting accessibility, and will be sent to the entire campus.
- Alert announcements including short notice outages (power, water, heating, etc.) will be sent to email addresses of affected building occupants.
- Alert announcements are not restricted to the weekly digest and may be sent out as soon as possible. Standard announcements that were not submitted in time to be included in the weekly Around Mason digest do not qualify as an E-Files Alert announcements.
To Submit an E-Files Alert Announcement Request
Include the following information in the email:
- Subject line: Mason E-Files Alert: [Type of Alert Message]
- University Department: Department or Office sponsoring the announcement
- Nature of the alert
- Building(s)/ Locations affected
- Contact person, phone number and email for follow-up questions
Format of the alert announcement:
- Plain text only
- No attachments
- Include a web link for additional information
- Charts and forms may be put on a Mason website and a link to this information within the announcement
- Clarity is important. Requests will be read for clarity, general format, and grammar. University Information reserves the right to edit text in all announcements submitted.